DONATE TO THE
Your donations help us to address imbalances in opportunity and ensure that many more young people have the oracy skills they need to thrive.
DID YOU KNOW?
– Disadvantaged children are 2.3 times more likely to be identified as having speech, language and communication needs than those in more affluent areas
– In many parts of the country, over 50% of students start school lacking vital oracy skills
– Young people who cannot express themselves verbally may suffer from behavioural problems, emotional and psychological difficulties
– Children with good communication skills are four times more likely to get five A*-Cs at GCSE
YOUR DONATION COULD:
- introduce a primary school student to the empowering skill of oracy through our two or three-term programme – Discover Debating
- support a state school or individual student to participate in one of our prestigious competitions; Schools’ Mace, UK Public Speaking Competition or Performing Shakespeare
- contribute to a bursary for a young person to attend our highly effective, week-long Debate Academy
- go towards the development of classroom resources, which help teachers create a sustainable culture of oracy in schools
Our children have lots to say but often they don’t have the tools with which to say it. Discover Debating gives them those tools.